I had this lovely award from the delightful Nappy Valley Girl
Thank you. It comes with an invitation to share 7 little known facts about myself, so here goes:
1. At lunchtime I had an accident involving my thumb and a sharp kitchen knife. My daughter, off school with a cold, went chalky green and had to lie down. I calmly and efficiently soaked up the blood, bound the cut with steri-strips and plasters, and then went chalky green and had to lie down.
2. There are many good things to appreciate about my job … but I secretly resent feeling like a tired middle-aged mum that does part-time office work.
3. Sometimes, when Big G climbs quietly into bed and I’m already asleep, I wake up suddenly with a fright, demanding to know who he is? and what does he think he’s doing? He finds all this highly amusing.
4. Many sleeps ago … I used to make my own mini dresses and wear them with Doc Marten boots.
5. My soft, loving, lavender-laced grandmothers were called Daisy and Dorothy.
6. My favourite moment, in the early hours of Election Night, was when David Dimbleby said: “the Queen has made it quite clear – she won’t be seeing anyone until after lunch today”.
7. I have a few dark secrets that I may never tell anybody … although I might, when I’m very old, think: “that’s a waste of a good secret if it never gets told”.
As for passing this award on, I gladly give it to anybody kind enough to visit my blog.